Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Psalm 119:129-136   Almighty God,  Heavenly Father,  Your Words are wonderful.  I will obey them.  It is Your Word that gives light.  I will open it, read it, heed it.  Your Word gives understanding to even the simplest person,  even to a child,  even to me.  I open my heart to take it in.  I long for it.  Be gracious to me, keep me in Your will, deliver me from sin, don't let anything outside of Your perfect plan have authority over me. Shine on me, teach me, redeem me.  Oh the sadness of a lost and sinful world.  Bring Your glorious Light! Turn hearts towards the Light of Your Son, Jesus.
Amen.

II Peter 1:2-4
These three verses are loaded with truth and I want to understand all that is being said.
V2 "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,"
Peter's blessing is given to those who have the "same kind" of faith as his - true faith, not a professed faith, but a living, active faith. The kind of  faith that sells all it has to buy the field and own the treasure. A kingdom faith.  Grace and peace are multiplied IN knowing God and His Son, Jesus.  Jesus said "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent." (John 17:3) Multiplied grace - graciousness, favor, joy,  divine liberality.
Multiplied peace- prosperity, rest, quietness, one(ness).  In the knowledge ( recognition, discernment, acknowledgement) of God and of Jesus Christ the Son, we receive eternal LIFE - true grace and true peace. MULTIPLIED!!
Peter goes on to explain : " seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."(v3)   Jesus, full of glory and excellence, calls us to know Him.  It is in that relationship of oneness and graciousness, that He grants us everything we need for "life" and "godliness" .
All we need for a lifetime. All we need to live devout, godly, worshipful lives. All the grace and peace that He alone multiplies to us.
"For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. " v4.  What promises enable us to take part in His divine nature?  The promise of salvation to all who believe.  The promise of forgiveness of sin.  The promise of eternal life in Christ Jesus.  The promise of a Comforter, the Holy Spirit.  The promise that He will come again.  The promise of a new heaven and a new earth where we will live with Him in perfect grace and peace.  The promise that  He "Himself" will "perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you" ( I Peter5:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment