Friday, February 28, 2020

John 12  Six days before Passover when the Lamb of God would be sacrificed.  Jesus enters Jerusalem on a donkey's colt.  He is fulfilling every prophecy.  Completing every command of His Father.  Seeking to glorify the Name of His Father in this final week on earth.

And the Father is pleased. "I have glorified it ( His Name) before, and I will glorify it again!" 

Jesus announces that the time has come. He repeats the important teachings, emphasizing the vital truths:

"He who loves his life loses it, but he who hates his life in this world will keep it safe right on into the eternal life!"

"If someone is serving me, let him follow me; wherever I am, my servant will be there too." 

"The light will be with you only a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, or the dark will overtake you; he who walks in the dark doesn't know where he is going. While you have the light, put your trust in the light, so that you become people of light." 

"Those who put their trust in me are trusting not merely in me, but in the One who sent me. I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who trusts in me might not remain in the dark." 

"For I have not spoken on my own initiative but the Father who sent me has given me a command, namely, what to say and how to say it. And I know the his command is eternal life. So what I say is simply what the Father has told me to say." 

Jesus calls us to walk as He walked. To walk in the light. To know where we are going.  To follow Him so closely that where He leads we go.  As He obeyed the Father's commands we are called to trust and obey Him.

Father in heaven, we want to walk in the Light and to glorify Your Name also.  We desire to become people of light by trusting in the One and only Light of the world.  Shine in us and through us.  Fill us with the fulness that is in Jesus Christ our Lord that we might be forever with You eternally.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment