Thursday, July 28, 2016

Psalm 26   David professes his unwavering faith in his Lord. ...

" Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the Lord, without wavering. Examine me, O Lord, and try me; test my mind and my heart."

Dare we pray this prayer?   Dare we ask the Lord, the Holy God, who knows us intimately and completely to judge our integrity, our faith, and our whole selves?  David boldly does this...
Yet only in this way, " For Thy lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Thy truth."
It is in the light of God's love and compassion that David can see himself - to view his own life as it were from God's point of view...

David takes an inventory of himself:
I don't put myself on the same side of those who are deceitful or those who pretend.
I hate those who gather together just to do evil and I don't sit and watch with those who practice wickedness.
I purify myself as required by the law and I worship accordingly.
I proclaim thanksgiving and declare the wonders of God.
I love the Lord's house because it is where God's glory dwells.


David's prayer is a humble plea:
" Do not take my soul away among the sinners, nor my life with men of bloodshed..... Redeem me and be gracious to me."

"As for me, I shall walk in my integrity"  David repeats.  It is not a statement spoken in pride or boasting, but a declaration of intent...
I am completely Yours, Lord!  I surrender all of myself to You.  It is in You that I am complete.
Integrity also can be defined as simplicity, uprightness, innocence, perfection, or complete truth.


Father, I also surrender to You, for You have shown me love and compassion. You have delivered me completely from sin.  You have made me righteous through grace, by the sacrifice of Your Beloved Son.  I don't not want to be associated with evil in any way.  Redeem me and be gracious to me.  Help us in this land Father, where wickedness and deceit abound more and more... redeem this land we plead.  For Thy Name's sake, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment