Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Psalm 20  Another excellent prayer - to pray for family or friends, or for anyone;

May the Lord answer you when you face troubles.
May the power of His Name lift you up higher and bring security to you.
May He send you help and support from His faithful followers.
May He think of Christ and His sacrifice that is acceptable on your behalf.
May He grant you the desire of your heart.
May He fulfill your purposes.
May the Lord fulfill your petitions.

For:
He brings about victories.
He brings joy!
He is our banner!
He saves His chosen ones.
He answers our prayers.
His strength saves us .

We boast in His Name, not in chariots or horses, nor in our own might... for we have none.
While the enemy is humbled and falls, we will rise and stand upright before our King, Who answers us when we call.

( My paraphrase).

Lord God, Almighty and Holy Father,  I turn to You in troubles and in peace, and You are my Refuge. You hear my prayers and You send me help.  You have redeemed me with the blood of Your own Son. How can I thank You enough?  To ask that You grant me the desires of my heart seems too much, but it is what You have offered.  Thank You.  To ask that You fulfill Your purposes for me... is such an awesome privilege .  Lord, my prayer is that Your will be done in my life, always and forever, and that I might walk with You every moment. May all glory and power and honor be Yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment