Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Psalm 116 The writer "called upon the name of The Lord" and The Lord heard him. The Lord inclines His  ear to us when we call upon Him.  He hears, He saves, He is compassionate towards us, and He deals with us "bountifully".  How bountifully?  "For Thou hast rescued my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling." (v8).  
"Gracious is The Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate."  This is the Lord Who hears us, Who bends low to meet us in our need, Who is our Keeper, our Shade, our Fortress, and our Deliverer.  Praise Your Name O Lord, Jehovah, the I AM, self-existent, eternal, infinite, mighty, and merciful God. Thank You for hearing my cries, for saving me, for drying my tears, and for keeping me from stumbling.  I love You Lord.

I John 4-5
John writes that we "may know" -
"that we abide in Him" 4:13
"the love which God has for us" 4:16
"that we love the children of God" 5:2
"that you have eternal life" 5:13
"that He hears us in whatever we ask" 5:15
"that we have the requests which we have asked from Him" 5:15
"that no one who is born of God sins" 5:18
"that we are of God" 5:19
"that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding in order that we might know Him who is true" 5:20
God wants us to know Him.  He wants us to know His Son.  He wants us to know His love.
John has written this letter to emphasis the Truth of what it really means to know God.  God expresses Himself through His Love, proven by the coming of Jesus Christ, His Son.  Love so amazing.  Love that is greater than all our sins.  Love that brings us to know the Almighty Creator of Heaven and earth.  "This is the true God and eternal life".  Anything less is an idol.  "Little children, guard yourselves from idols" (v21).

No comments:

Post a Comment