Monday, March 14, 2022

 Psalm 63  "O God, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is." 

David expresses this longing for God.. the longing that we all have, even though some do not know that this is what they really have need of..  We live in a dry and weary land.. a land that cannot satisfy, cannot quench the thirsting of our souls.. a land where we will perish.. unless we find the One who is Living Water. 

David has found the source.. he has seen the power and glory of the Almighty.  He has known the lovingkindness of His Lord. He has found satisfaction in the Presence of the One Who is his help and His shelter. 

"My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You; Your right hand upholds me."  This is the Way of life.. to follow and to cling.. to Jesus the Christ.. to rejoice in God.. to "swear by Him".. as the Amplified Bible says, to "bind himself by God's authority, acknowledging His supremacy, and devoting himself to His glory and service alone; every such one. .shall glory, for the mouths of those who speak lies shall be stopped." 

Father in heaven, You are my God and I thirst for You.. I'm drinking of the Living Water that will never run out.. as Jesus said.. "Whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more.. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up.. within him for eternal life."  Thank You for this Living Water given by our Lord.. to satisfy.. to restore.. to overflow into the lives of others. Keep us walking in Your Spirit, continually drinking deep the Water of Life in Christ. We ask this in His Name. amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment