Thursday, March 3, 2022

 Psalm 56  David fell into the hands of his enemies, the Philistines.. his enemy that "trampled" him.  His enemy "distorted" his words, planned evil against him, attacked him, lurked around every corner, watched him and waited.. to take his life. 

We have an enemy who would like to do the same... he is the devil, who "prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." ( I Peter 5:8)  Peter says to us, "But resist him, firm in your faith..."  This is what David did.. "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee, in God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust." (56:3) 

I wrote in my Bible.. ( but I don't remember the source..) these words.. Faith - A deliberate act in defiance of one's emotional state.   David defied his own fears - and trusted in the God who he knew through the Word.  He knew that  "mere man" could not do anything to him. He knew that God would deliver him. His firm statement of faith is this:  "This I know, that God is for me".  (v9)

God saw David's fear and counted his tears.  God took account of his steps.  He knew exacted where David was and He would not abandon him. 

"In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?" 

David goes from " I will"  to "I have"..He has put his trust in God.  A  deliberate act of defiance of his fears.  And God did deliver him. He did keep David from falling.  And David continued to "walk before God in the light of the living."   We are reminded to walk by faith and not by sight. David gives us a perfect example here.  It doesn't mean we won't ever be afraid.. or suffer.. or cry.. but it does mean that we can choose to defy our own emotional state and keep walking in the Light. 

Father, thank You for the Truth of Your Word that changes our thoughts from fear to faith. Thank You for revealing Your love that holds us firmly and keeps us from falling into the hands of the enemy.  Thank You for encouraging us today.. to walk in faith and to know that You see us clearly and You are able to deliver us.. no matter what.  To Your Name we give praise and honor and glory. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment