Friday, January 6, 2023

Prayers from Psalm 119

 Psalm 119: 17-40   "Deal bountifully with Thy servant.. " the psalmist prays. ... Treat me well. Do good to me.... that I might "live and keep Thy word."   It is only with the Lord's help that we can keep His word.  It is all God's work.. to open our eyes.. "that [we] may behold wonderful things from Thy law."

Do we have such a hunger for God's Word.. to hunger and thirst for righteousness that we might be filled? Then we must long for His word.. delight it in.. plead for understanding of it.. choose to walk faithfully in all that we learn from it.  Let us say with the psalmist, "I cleave to Thy testimonies; O Lord, do not put me to shame! I shall run the way of Thy commandments, for Thou wilt enlarge my heart." v31-32

Father, teach us Your ways(33) . Give us understanding.(34) Make us walk in Your paths.(35) Give us delight in Your word. Turn our eyes away from vanity.(37) Establish Your Word in us. (38) Revive us again. (40) We ask, as the psalmist asked, and put our trust in You to faithfully do what only You can do.  With thanksgiving we bring these requests to You, in the Name of the Living Word who became flesh to dwell among us.. to die for our salvation and Who rose again to glory, Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment