Monday, January 16, 2023

 Psalm 121  " I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." 

The mountains are beautiful and majestic and awe-inspiring... but they cannot help us on this pilgrim journey.  They make our paths difficult.  Yet, they are a testimony of the greatness of our God.. the Lord who spoke them into being. 

This is the God I serve.. the God who sees me struggling and who is keeping me from falling down. The God who never falls asleep.. even when it feels as if He's not paying attention. 

"The Lord is [MY] keeper; The Lord is [MY] shade.."  He has promised to protect me through the heat of the day and the cool of the night.  He will "protect [ME] from all evil." 

"HE WILL KEEP [MY]  SOUL"  

 He "will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." 

I needed to hear this Word today.  To remember that I am not alone in this pilgrim journey.  He will not abandon me.. even when I am doubting.. even when I am troubled... even when I am hurt or angry.  I have a great God whose "lovingkindness is everlasting."  His mercies are new every morning.  His compassions will not fail. 

"Sing for joy to God our strength.." Psalm 81:1 

"Be gracious to me, O Lord, for to Thee I cry all day long. Make glad the soul of Thy servant. For to Thee, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For Thou art good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon Thee. Give ear, O Lord to my prayer; and give heed to my supplications!" ( Psalm 86:3-6)

Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment