Monday, April 13, 2020

Acts 9:1-31  Saul," breathing murderous threats"... gets permission to go to Damascus to arrest Christians there and return them to Jerusalem for trial and judgement.  His heart was filled with hatred, zealous "for[his] ancestral traditions" ( Gal. 1:14).  In his testimony before Agrippa, Paul says, "So then,  I thought to myself that I had to do many things hostile to the name of Jesus of Nazereth. And this is just what I did in Jerusalem; not only did I lock up many of the saints in prisons, having received authority from the chief priests, but also when they were being put to death I cast my vote against them. And I punished them often in all the synagogues, I tried to force them to blaspheme; and being furiously enraged at them, I kept pursuing them even to foreign cities." ( Acts 26:9-11)

But... God had a plan!   He tells Ananias, ".. this man is my chosen instrument to carry my name to the nations, even to the kings, and to the sons of Israel as well." 

Jesus meets Saul on the road to Damascus. It is an incredible intervention in the life of a man filled with hate. " Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"  Jesus says.  And Saul doesn't even know who is talking to him until He reveals it.. " I am Jesus who you are persecuting."  ( v4-5)

 We know the story.  Saul has met Jesus and his life is forever changed.  He spends 3 days in prayer and fasting until the Lord sends Ananias to pray for him and to touch his eyes. From that point on, all Saul/ Paul can do is speak about Jesus. He is filled with the Holy Spirit and with power.  He spoke to anyone and everyone "proving that this Jesus is the Christ." ( v22)

Recently, a friend and I talked about praying for Damascus road experiences for our lost loved one.
Does God have a plan to intervene in the life of_________?  Who would you pray for this way?
I have a burden for the unbelievers in my family.  And, I am praying that Jesus will stop them in their tracks and bring them to faith in Himself.. changing their lives forever.  May God have mercy on them, unveiling their blind eyes and opening their ears to hear the truth.

Father in heaven,  You hear our prayers.  You are able to do this incredible work.  We cannot change their minds, but You can intervene as we intercede.  Praise God that You are full of mercy and grace!
Help us to be like Paul, proclaiming the truth of Jesus Christ wherever we are, even if it causes an uproar!  Thank You!  All glory, honor, and praise we lift to Your Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment