Thursday, April 30, 2020

Acts 27-28  Luke concludes this account of Paul's life with this statement, "Paul remained two whole years...  openly and without hindrance proclaiming the Kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus the Messiah."   He was still a prisoner of Rome, but he was not hindered from completing the tasks that God had planned for him. Many people came to trust in Jesus through Paul's teachings.. personally and through the letters that we still read,  fulfilling the words that Jesus spoke to Paul after they met on the road to Damascus.

God had a plan and He completed his plan for Paul.

We are thankful that God's plans and purposes are completed in His people... through storms and shipwrecks, through persecution and suffering, and even through imprisonments and death.

At the end of his life, Paul wrote to his beloved Timothy.. ".. I am already being poured out as a drink offering and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing."  ( 2 Tim. 4:6-8)  And, "The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed, and will being me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen". ( v18)

Father, we ask that You complete Your will, Your plan in each of us. May we also be able to stand before You on that day and receive the crown of righteousness.  Deliver us from every evil and bring us safely to Your Kingdom we pray. All glory and praise to You, our Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment