Friday, July 6, 2018

Acts 9:1-31 Saul of Tarsus takes it upon himself to persecute the believers.  He goes so far as to ask for warrants to arrest those in Damascus and heads there to capture Christians.  But, Saul is interrupted by Jesus.  What an amazing experience that must have been.  One minute you are walking or riding along.. and the next you are surrounded by a light from heaven. And, standing there.. is Jesus.

I would love to meet Jesus this way, wouldn't you?  Furthermore, I would love for Him to stop my unsaved loved ones in their tracks, so that they might also be saved.  I know that Paul is a unique person and that the Lord works through His Word and His people.. but I also believe that this is not the only way He reaches men and women.  We often hear of Jesus appearing to Muslims through visions and dreams.  My prayer is that He would also appear to some of my family members!

Saul is left blinded by his encounter with Jesus on the road.  For 3 days he is blind, he does not eat or drink.. and he prays.  The Lord answers his prayers by sending Ananias, who prays for Saul, who is healed, baptized, and strengthened.

God's plans are unique to each of us.  He brings us to Himself in different ways.  We may be young or old, rich or poor, male or female..  He decides and calls us.  So thankful for the love of Christ that reaches us individually.... intimately... and is perfectly planned for each of us.

Father in heaven, may You be glorified in our lives.  May Your Kingdom be seen in our actions through faith.  May Your grace be shed abroad in our hearts.  And may we bear much fruit as we abide in Jesus, the True Vine.  May I not waste my life on lesser things Lord.. take me and use me as You will. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment