Thursday, August 25, 2016

Psalm 46  Making it personal:

God is my refuge and strength.  He will help me in times of trouble.
Therefore, I will not fear... 
though the earth changes,
though the mountains fall into the sea;
though the waters roar and foam;
though the earth quakes.

There is a river of gladness in the city of my God.
There is a holy place where the Most High abides.
He is in the midst of His City, and it shall not be moved.
Day or night, He is her help.

The nations continue to make an uproar.
The kingdoms of this world will always totter.
But when God raises His voice, the earth will melt.
"The Lord of hosts is with us"..  He is with me.
He is my stronghold.

Come and see what He has done.
He has caused desolations ( astonishment.. ruin.. wonder)   in the earth.
He has made wars to cease.
He breaks apart the weapons of war.
"He burns the chariots with fire."

"Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations.
I will be exalted in the earth."

My God, the Lord of hosts, is with me.
He is my stronghold.

Father, King of kings and Lord of lords, all praise to You!  In spite of terrorist attacks, earthquakes,  political uncertainty, and devastating viruses... You have not left Your throne.   You are Sovereign God and You will be exalted in every nation and on all the earth.  All else will pass away, but You will never pass away.   Your Truth is eternal.  Your Word is absolute.  I will look to You and know that You alone are God.  You are my help.  You are my refuge.  You are my Father and I am Your child. Thank You for this faith that You have given me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment