Monday, August 15, 2016

 Our God is unmovable and unstoppable! Woke up thinking about this today...  I have a grandson who rails against the Lord, claiming to be an atheist.  But, he can't just leave it alone and his constant need to assert the non-exsistance of God makes me think that he is really being convicted. But, God is like a mountain of solid rock.. and we can punch it and kick it all we want and He does not change.  We can try to escape it, but we turn around and there He is!  So, I pray that this young man will tire of his rebellion and emptiness and find refuge in the very God that he has denied.  Thankful for a God of mercy and grace who loves even those who fight against Him..

Psalm 37 in my own words...

I don't need to worry about those who are doing evil things or about those who are making money by doing wrong...  for their lives are limited and God sees it all.

I need to focus on trusting the Lord and doing good.  I am to live, right here where He has placed me, and rely on His faithfulness, while practicing being faithful to Him.
If I delight in my Lord, He promises to give me the desires of my heart... how precious is that promise!
I will commit my way, my life, my journey to the Lord.
I will trust Him to accomplish His will in me, for only He can do it!
It is His work to bring righteousness forth from me, like He brings forth the light from the sun.
It is His work to bring right judgements from me.
I just need to rest in Him and wait patiently for Him; 

I have to stop fretting because of those who are wicked and seem to prosper.
I have to stop letting my anger and anxiety take over my thinking.
God has declared that the wicked will perish.  This is truth and I can believe it.
God has declared that in the end it will be those who are waiting on Him that will gain the inheritance.
All the scheming and cheating and deception by the ungodly will come to nothing, for they will perish ... their plots against those who are trusting in God are nothing to God.
He will laugh at them.
He will break their weapons.
He will use their own swords to slay them.

It is so much better to have nothing and be right with the Lord, than to have abundance without Him. 
To have the Lord on my side is to be sustained, held up, kept safe.. while the wicked are broken.
To have the Lord on my side is to be favored, protected,  provided for and unashamed, while the wicked perish, vanish, and are no more.

I will be gracious and give, not like a wicked person who borrows but does not repay.
I will be blessed by the Lord and not cursed.
My steps will be established by the Lord and He will delight in my life.
He will help me not to fall and if I slip He will hold my hand!

If I am righteous, I will not be forsaken and my children and grandchildren will also be blessed.
If I am gracious and giving; if I do good and depart from all evil,  I will abide forever.
The Lord loves me and will not forsake me, for I belong to Him.
He will fill my mouth with wisdom and put justice on my tongue.
He will write His law on my heart.
He will keep my feet firmly on the ground.
He will deliver me from my enemies.

I will wait on the Lord and keep His ways.
And He will exalt me to inherit the land.
The wicked will be gone and the transgressors destroyed.

My salvation is from the Lord.
He is my strength in times of trouble.
He will help me and deliver me. 
He will always be my refuge.. my unmovable Rock!

Praise the Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment