Thursday, August 11, 2016

Psalm 35

The enemy will:
contend with us
fight against us
seek our lives
devise evil against us
hide a net to trap us
dig a pit to catch us
be a malicious witness against us
repay evil for good
rejoice when we stumble
smite us without reason
gnash his teeth at us
ravage us like lions
devise lies and false accusations
rejoice over our distress

And in spite of all that we look to the Lord in faith believing:
He will contend with the one who contends with us.
He will fight the one who fights with us.
He will rise up and help us.
He will "say to my soul, ' I am your salvation'"
He will turn the enemy back and humble him.
He will make their way "dark and slippery"
He will send His angel to drive them on and to pursue them.
He will cause them to fall into their own traps.

" And my soul shall rejoice in the Lord; It shall exult in His salvation.  All my bones will say, 'Lord, who is like Thee, who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him.."(v9-10)

" I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation; I will praise Thee among the mighty throng."(v18)

" ... The Lord be magnified, Who delights in the prosperity of His servant. And my tongue shall declare Thy righteousness and Thy praise all day long." ( v27b-28)

Father in heaven, You are great and Your greatness is unsearchable.  You are worthy of all praise.  Thank You for loving me and reminding me of Your power and grace that You have promised to all those who fear You and belong to You.  Thank You for the privilege of prayer.  All I have needed, You have provided!  Indeed, You are faithful forever!   Etch Your Word on my heart, Abba.  That I might not ever forget these truths.
In Christ I am Yours forever,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment