Monday, March 9, 2020

John 18  Judah comes to the garden with a detachment of Roman soldiers and temple guards.  Jesus asks them, "Whom do you want?"   They wanted "Jesus of Nazareth".  They got "I AM".
Jesus goes willingly.  He will drink the "cup the Father "  has chosen for Him.  He will complete the mission that the Father sent Him to do.

" The reason I was born, the reason I have come into the world, is to bear witness to the truth."  Jesus tells Pilate.  He came to proclaim the truth.  Yes, He is a king.  But not a king like those of  this world. " .. my kingship does not come from here."  As the "I AM" Jesus has proclaimed the Truth :

I am... " He who comes from above.. " ( John 3:31)
I am.. the Messiah.. (John 4:26;)  the One who gives living water.
I am.. the One sent by the Father; the One who does only what the Father wants. (John 5:17-30)
"I am the bread which is life.."  (John 6:34)
I am the source of living water.. "If anyone is thirsty, let him keep coming to me and drinking!" (John 7:37)
"I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light which gives light."  ( John 8:12 and 9:5)
" I am the gate.. I am the good shepherd.. " (John 10: 7-11)
" I am the Resurrection and the Life! Whoever puts his trust in me will live, even if he dies; and everyone living and trusting in me will never die." ( John 11:25)
" I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who trusts in me might not remain in the dark."  ( John 12: 46)
" I am the Way - and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me. " ( John 14: 6)
"I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener. "  ( John 15:1)

Jesus came so that we could know the "one true God" and the One He sent.. "Yeshua the Messiah". 
He came to "bear witness to the truth." 
Every word He spoke was for this purpose.  He miracle He did was for this purpose.
This is His greatest desire for each and every person.

Father, we are so thankful for this Truth, for Jesus, Your only begotten Son, who came to show us the Truth and to give us Life. Please continue to bring Light to our world that we might all come to know You.. the only True God.  I pray for lost loved ones, Gracious Lord, that You will unveil their eyes.. that they also would come into the Light of Jesus.  I ask it in His Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment