Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lessons of the heart - Psalms 100-150

The heart of the wicked:
Is perverse, arrogant, hateful, unmerciful... for evil men devise evil things in their hearts.
Their hearts are covered with "fat"! (119:70)

But, we can have a changed, pure, and believing heart.. a heart of integrity and blamelessness.

We start by seeking the Lord with ALL our heart.  

When our heart is smitten, withered and despairing - we can turn to prayer and worship. (102:4)
We can have a steadfast, fixed, prepared, stable, ready heart ( 108:1)
If we are afflicted and needy and our hearts are wounded - we can pray and find God's lovingkindness and help. (109:22)
We can give thanks to the Lord with ALL our hearts. ( 111:1)
We can remain unshaken. (112:7)
We can have our hearts upheld. (112:8)
We will be blessed! (119:2)

If we treasure His Word in our hearts, we can conquer sin! (119:11)
If we run the way of His Word, He will enlarge our hearts! (119:32)
If we ask Him for understanding, He will help us keep His Word with all our hearts ( 119:34)
We can incline our hearts to His Word. (119:36)
We can entreat His favor with ALL our heart.  ( 119:58)
We can observe His Word with ALL our heart. (119:69)

His Word must be the Joy of our heart. (119:111)
We must incline our hearts to perform His will. (119:112)
Then our hearts will stand in awe of His words. (119:161)
We will give thanks with all our heart - sincerely, zealously, boldly, and freely! ( 138:1)

Psalm 139:23 " Search me O God and know by heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts;" 

Lord God, try me, search me.. if there are hurtful ways in me, remove them!  Turn me around and lead me in Your ways.  If my heart is desolate or overwhelmed, turn my thoughts to You, that I might stretch out my hands to You and my soul will long for You!  Heal the brokenhearted, Lord.  Bind up their wounds.  Incline their hearts towards You and give them understanding that they will seek You.
Your Word is our treasure and our joy, O Lord.  Let Your people proclaim it! Live it! Be steadfast in it and in You! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment