Thursday, May 22, 2014

Psalm 9  Let Your Kingdom come, Lord!   This psalm reminds me and encourages me to pray this specific request....  For when God's Kingdom comes we are able to sing with David, "I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of His wonders.  I will be glad and exult in Thee."
 ( v1-2)
When the Lord reigns, the enemy turns back, stumbles and perishes.
The Lord maintains just causes.
The Lord judges righteously. 
He rebukes nations.
He destroys wickedness.
The enemy is ruined and even the memory of him perishes.

"But the Lord abides forever;
He established His throne for judgement,
And He will judge the world in righteousness;
He will execute judgement for the peoples with equity."
This is the King of Heaven and this is what He does.

He is a refuge for the oppressed.
He is a stronghold, a place of safety in times of trouble.
"And those who know Thy name will put their trust in Thee. For Thou, O Lord, has not forsaken those who seek Thee." (v10)
Our King is to be praised and exalted. Sing to Him! Talk of His deeds!
He has not forgotten us!
He is gracious.
"The Lord has made Himself known; He has executed judgement. In the work of His own hands the wicked is snared."
This is what the Kingdom is all about... the wicked removed and the needy remembered.  The afflicted given hope and the haughty put in fear and reminded that they are "but men".. not God.

Father, let Your kingdom come in my life.  Remove every rebellious and wicked place in my heart.. Remove anything that conflicts with Your perfect righteousness.  Fill me with Your Spirit.
And lead me in Your ways.  Let Your kingdom come in our family and in our nation.. in our world.
We need You King of Heaven.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment