Monday, May 12, 2014

Psalm 18  This song of praise to God for His deliverance is also a  great guide to prayer.

Lord, be my strength.  Be my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer.
Let me find refuge in You.  Be my shield, my stronghold and the horn of my salvation.
I call upon You, Lord, for You are worthy to be praised!  You alone can save me from the enemy.
When I am in trouble, when I am terrified, when I am in distress... I call upon You.  I cry to You for help and You hear my voice.  You hear me.....

You shake the earth.
You make the mountains tremble.
You make the heavens bow down.
You fly to my side.
Your voice thunders.
Lightning flashes, arrows sent by Your Hand.
You lay bare the foundations of the world just to find me.
You rescue me. You deliver me.  You delight in me...

May I always keep Your ways.
May I never depart from You.
May I be blameless before You.

May I always be kind, so that You will show Yourself kind to me.
May I always be blameless, so that You will show Yourself blameless to me.
May I always be pure, so that You will show me Your purity.
Keep me from the crooked path.

Lord, give me Your light, to illumine my darkness. That I may walk in Your way.
Gird me with Your strength that I may walk with You, blameless.
Grant me the shield of Your salvation.
Gently make me great, training me in battle against the enemy.
Enlarge my steps.
Deliver me.
Show lovingkindness to me.
I give thanks to You Lord, among the nations.
I sing praises to Your great Name.

Father, as we meditate on Your Words, on the Truth of who You are and what You desire for us, will You make this personal... for all who read this ?
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment