Friday, November 10, 2023

 I Corinthians 6:12-20  There are three more "do you not know" questions that Paul asks in this chapter.. these three all deal with the body.. 

"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ?"    Paul's point is that we have been given these bodies for a purpose.. God's purpose. Therefore, we must take care of them accordingly.  First of all, we need to realize that "not all things are profitable".  We must endeavor to keep from being "mastered" by things outside of God's Spirit.  His example is food..  "food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food; but God will do away with both of them."   Secondly, we need to know that immorality is NOT God's will for our bodies.. "Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power." We belong to the Lord.. our bodies belong to Him as well. 

The second question in this section continues this same thought.. "Do you not know that one who joins himself to a harlot is one body with her?"   Every part of us has been purchased by Christ's blood.. we are His.. one with Him.  To use any parts of our bodies for sin.. is offensive and defiling to our Lord.  We have joined our selves in "one spirit with Him".  We must not allow sin to stain that which has been made pure. 

"Or, do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?"  The Lord has come to live in us.  Just like the Presence of the Lord filled the Temple in Solomon's day.. the Spirit of God fills us. Our bodies become a holy place.  Do we truly know this? "For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body." Think of the price that Christ paid for you!  Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Father, I want to glorify you with my whole being.. body, soul, spirit, mind.. all of me.  By Your mercies, I present my body, a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to You.. this is my spiritual service of worship.  I do not want to be conformed to this world, but transformed as You renew my mind so that I can know that which is good and acceptable and perfect.. according to Your will.  May You grace flow into and through my life, that I might bear the fruit of righteousness to the glory of Your Holy and Blessed Name.  This I ask, in the name of my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment