Monday, February 6, 2023

 Psalm 144  Is the Lord.. my Rock?   Do I find Him to be my lovingkindness and fortress?  Is He my stronghold and deliverer?  Can I say He is my shield and that I take refuge in Him?

This psalm of David leads us to examine our own hearts.. " O Lord, what is man ( whom am I) that Thou dost take knowledge of him?"   The Lord does know each of us.. even though we are "like a mere breath" and our days are "like a passing shadow."  So thankful!

"Bow Thy heavens, O Lord, and come down." David prays.  He asks for the mountains to shake and the lightning to flash.. for the Lord to stretch out His hand.. to rescue Him.  We ask for so little in comparison.. don't we? But, David asks for even more:

" Let our sons in their youth be as grown-up plants, and our daughters as corner pillars fashioned as for a palace; let our garners be full, furnishing every kind of produce, and our flocks bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields; let our cattle bear without mishap and without loss, let there be no outcry in our streets!"   

In other words.. David is asking for the Lord's blessings on his people.. for he knows..  " How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!" 

Are we praying?  Are we asking God to bless our sons and daughters.. our homes and businesses.. our neighbors.. our cities and towns?  We need to.. for if we.. the Lord's people.. do not pray.. who will?

Father in heaven, be my Rock.. my Fortress.. my shield and deliverer.  I am coming to You.. to take refuge in You!  Bless my children, my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren.. may they call upon Your Name, may they seek Your face.. may they do Your will and love You with all their hearts.... all the days of their lives.  Be their Rock, be their Fortress and their Deliverer.  Father, I pray for our town.. our country.. to return to You and be Your people. There is such an outcry on our streets Lord! There is such a need for truth and righteousness... for true justice and peace here in this world, Lord.  Let Your Kingdom come and Your will be done.. Bow Your heavens and come down.. we ask.. in Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment