Thursday, February 2, 2023

 Psalm 142  David cries aloud... voices his supplication.. pours out his complaint.. and declares his trouble before the Lord.   He was overwhelmed.  He was trapped.  He was "very low".  But.. he was not without hope.  "Bring my soul out of prison, so that I may give thanks to Thy name; the righteous will surround me, for Thou wilt deal bountifully with me." 

How has the Lord "dealt bountifully" with us? He has loved us with an everlasting love. He has saved us from sin and death and hell by sending Jesus Christ, the Beloved Son, to die on a cruel cross. He has given us a living hope.. eternal life in Christ who rose from the grave and sits at the right hand of the Throne of the Father, interceding on our behalf.   I will give thanks to Your Name, O Lord!

Psalm 143  This is another prayer of supplication.. seeking help and deliverance and guidance.  "Answer me in Thy faithfulness, in Thy righteousness!" David pleads. 

David confesses his longing for God's Presence and help.  He has been crushed.. overwhelmed.. and persecuted.  "I stretch out my hands to Thee.. "  

"Let me hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for I trust in Thee;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;  for to Thee I lift up my soul.
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; I take refuge in Thee.
Teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God; 
Let Thy good Spirit lead me on level ground. "  ( v8-10)

V 12 ".. For I am Thy servant. " 

 May this be the prayer of our hearts. 
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment