Wednesday, May 26, 2021

 Hebrews 10:26-39 

 The opposite of holding fast to the "confession of our hope without wavering".. is to go on "sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth".  The writer of Hebrews warns his readers that this will result in severe punishment.. a "terrifying expectation of judgement" for having "trampled under foot the Son of God".  God Himself will judge His people. And ... "It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (v31)

We have need of "endurance", the writer tells us.  Like the original audience.. we must endure being made a "public spectacle".  We must endure "reproaches and tribulations".  We must learn sympathy for our fellow prisoners of the faith. We must even show joy in the trials.  For we know that we have "a better possession and an abiding one."  

Keep living by faith.  Keep choosing the Truth. Keep trusting His promises.  "Hold fast" instead of  shrinking back.  Keep proclaiming your "confession of hope". 

Father in heaven,  I have been made whole.. perfected.. sanctified.. by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  You have written Your laws on my heart and in my mind.  By Your Spirit, who lives in me.. I can keep holding fast to this confession. I trust You to forgive my sins and remember them no more.  I can come into Your presence.. drawing near with a "full assurance of faith".. for my heart has been sprinkled clean.. and You are faithful.  This is my confession of hope in Christ Jesus.  Help me to keep holding fast and to never turn away from the Truth.  I am Yours... in the Name that is above every other name.. the name of Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment