Monday, April 19, 2021

 Isaiah 65:1-16

" I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, ' Here am I, here am I'... " 

Adonai, the Lord, God of all creation.. chose to call a nation to be His own.  Yet, they rebelled.  They walked "in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts"  We all fit that description.. don't we?  And, we all face the penalty for that rebellion and sinfulness. 

But, the Gracious Lord promises that we will not destroy those who become His servants. Those who seek Him.. will find Him!  "So I will act on behalf of My servants in order not to destroy all of them..." 

To those who serve the Lord.. He promises blessings. To those who continue to rebel..there will none. "Behold, My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry. Behold My servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty. Behold My servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame.." 

We are blessed by the "God of truth".  If... if we answer when He calls. If we listen to what He speaks. If we choose what pleases Him instead of what pleases ourselves. 

What precious promises.. In God we find everything that we need.  We can trust Him and rest in His Truth.  Sometimes we just need to remember..  May we be encouraged by His voice today.. as our Good Shepherd speaks grace to us.. "Here am I, Here am I.." He calls out to us again today.. 

Father in Heaven, we honor Your Holy name. You are good. You are great.  You are above all gods. "Adonai, your name continues forever". ( Psalm 135)  There is joy and hope and peace in You. Father, provide for us, Your servants, daily bread, living water, and rejoicing in Your salvation and righteousness through Jesus our Lord. Forgive us our sins, our debts, and our rebellions.  Lead us Holy Spirit we pray, in Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment