Tuesday, April 13, 2021

 Isaiah 61  O, the precious words of Jesus.. "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives, and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord." 

Written so many years before Jesus came to earth to show us the Way.. these words make our hearts rejoice.  Jesus came to fulfill the Father's will.. to bind up our hearts.. broken by sin and fear and death. He came to set us free.. and we are free.. in Christ.  In His death, we die to sin's hold on us. In His life we live in righteousness and peace. Hallelujah! 

Psalm 130:3,7  "Lord, if you kept a record of sins, who, Adonai, could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that you will be feared.. for grace is found with Adonai, and with him is unlimited redemption."

" I will rejoice greatly in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness.. " ( Isaiah 61:10) 

May our hearts be filled.. our minds steadfast on Him who gives us "perfect peace" because we trust in Him!

The last verse in this chapter paints a beautiful picture.. "For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes the things sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations."   We have a little garden in our yard.. and it is such a joy to see the seeds that we have sown turn into sprouts that grow up to produce vegetables that we can pick and eat! 

This promise of God.. that righteousness and praise will spring up before all the nations.. this is what we are waiting for. .and He will do it! " I wait longingly for Adonai; I put my hope in his word. Everything in me waits for Adonai more than the guards on watch wait for morning, more than guards on watch wait for morning." ( Psalm 130:5-6 CJB) 

Father in heaven, we wait on You, we long for You.. we put our trust in You, and we exult in You. Thank You for the gift of salvation through Jesus our Lord. May His glory be seen in all the earth. May we see Your righteousness and praise spring up! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment