Thursday, March 25, 2021

 Isaiah 50  The Word of God brings us hope.. and like the psalmist I am clinging to its Truth.. "I put my hope in your word." ( Psalm 119:74, 81, and 114).  

Here in Isaiah 50 are words that bring me precious hope:

".. Is My hand so short that it cannot ransom? Or have I no power to deliver?" (v2b) The answer is no, never.. there is nothing that our God cannot do! He has the power to save! Hallelujah!

"Behold, the Lord God helps me; who is he who condemns me?" ( v9) No one.  We are safe in the arms of our Father in heaven who will never leave us or forsake us.. who does not condemn, but saves. 

The Lord sent His Servant, Jesus, to save us from our sins.  Jesus was perfect in obedience to the will of the Father.. "I gave My back to those who strike Me, and My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting." (v6)  He gave His life.. willingly.. for us. 

Jesus has brought to us - hope.  Paul wrote.. "And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end." (Romans 6:11)   "... In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise, the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath in order that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have strong encouragement, we who have fled for refuge in laying hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." ( 6:17-20)

We have a "better hope".. a "living hope"  because Jesus is our Hope. 

Father in heaven, I put my hope in You and in Jesus Christ my Redeemer.  You are the God of grace and salvation. You can redeem us and You can deliver us.. from all sin, from death, and from the lies and deceptions of our enemy.  My prayers rest in Your Word.. unchangeable and an anchor for my soul.  I pray that You would bring hope to my loved ones who are in desperate need.. deliver them, save them, I pray. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment