Tuesday, March 9, 2021

 Isaiah 40:1-18  May we find consolation in the Word given here.. as the glory of the Lord is revealed in His everlasting Word.  It is such good news! God has made a way.. so that we can also find forgiveness for our sins. Hallelujah! 

The rest of this chapter encourages us to worship.. for our God:

Comes "with might."... v10.. " with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him. "  He will come to complete everything that He has promised.  He will restore Jerusalem and it will be wonderful. He will reign forever and it will be perfect in every way!

He comes "like a shepherd".. He will "tend His flock, In His arms He will gather the lambs, and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes."  The Good Shepherd is our Lord. He cares for us. He leads us in paths of righteousness.. beside still waters.. and to His house. Praise the Lord!

He is a great God, the Creator of heaven and earth, He "measure the waters in the hollow of His hand.. marked of the heavens by the span.. calculated the dust of the earth by the measure.. weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales.. "v12

Our Mighty God...needed no counselor.. no consult.. no teacher.. v14

"Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket, and are regarded as a speck of dust on the scales; Behold He lifts up the islands like fine dust.... All the nations are as nothing before Him, they are regarded by Him as less than nothing and meaningless." v17

"To whom then will you liken God?" v18

I need to stop more often and meditate on passages like this.. that reveal the greatness, the majesty, the awesomeness of God.  It helps me gain perspective on the current events and on my own life as well. 

Father in heaven, You are my God and You see me. You know my beginning and my end.  If the nations are a drop and the islands are like dust.. what am I?  Yet, You have chosen me.  You have called me to Yourself. You have saved me, forgiving my sins, by the blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  There is no one like You!  "Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases Him.. " the psalmist wrote. ".. trust in Adonai" ( Psalm 115)  You hold all the waters in Your hand.  I am in awe of Your greatness... and of Your grace towards us.  I will trust You, Lord.  Now and forever. Bless the Lord! All glory and honor and praise to Adonai.. forever ! Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment