Tuesday, March 16, 2021

 Isaiah 43  Up and down... mountains of joy and valleys of grief.. the book of Isaiah see-saws back and forth between the  blessings of God and the suffering of sinful man...

As I try to listen closely for the voice of the Shepherd, I find myself longing more and more for that glorious day.. when we will finally be home. When the grief and tears are over... 

 Meanwhile, as the Lord speaks to Israel.. again.. may we take it to heart and keep our eyes on Him. 

" I have called you by name; you are Mine!" v1  Our Creator.. formed us, just like He formed Jacob.. so "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you."  He will be with us, too.  "For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."  Hallelujah!  "Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life." v3-4

We are also His witnesses.. even as Israel was called to be.. " in order that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me. I, even I, am the Lord; and there is no savior besides Me." v10-11 "So you are My witnesses, declares the Lord, and I am God. Even from eternity I am He; and there is none who can deliver out of My hand."

"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins." v25

He gave Jesus in exchange for our lives. He loves us and calls us His own. He wipes out our transgressions. We are precious in His sight.

Truths to meditate on during these days of mountains and valleys. 

Father, God, who gives perseverance and encouragement.. You understand our weaknesses, You know our failures.. and You love us still. You choose to give us Light. You choose to send us Living Water. You choose to make ways through difficult days and circumstances.. for Your glory. Thank You for wiping out our transgressions.   All glory and honor and praises to Your Name! Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment