Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 Isaiah 49  Written hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus, the Lord God, presents His Servant.  He would be brought from His mother's womb, named by His Heavenly Father, given a "mouth like a sharp sword" and made like "a select arrow".  His words and actions would be precise and would display the glory of God. 

Jesus is "a light of the nations". He came so that His salvation would "reach to the end of the earth".  But, when He came, He was despised by His own people.  The Redeemer was "abhorred by the nation".  Yet, even this achieved God's purpose, for His death on a cross paid the ransom for all who sin.. for us all who will put our trust in Him. 

A day is coming, when Jesus will return.  This time "Kings shall see and arise, princes shall also bow down.."  

"Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, O earth! Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people, and will have compassion on His afflicted." ( v13)

God's promises will be fulfilled.  This is our comfort.  When Israel speaks in verse 14, she thinks she has been forsaken and forgotten, but the Lord comforts her and us... "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;"

He will not forget us. He will be our God and our Savior forever.  We can know Him and wait on Him with confidence and hope.  Hallelujah!  What a Savior. 

Father in heaven, I needed to hear Your voice this morning, to know You have not forgotten or forsaken me.  I need to know Your Presence and compassion, Your love and power today.  "You are my hiding place and shield".  Please keep me in Your perfect peace as my mind is stayed on You.  Thank You that there is nothing impossible for You. Thank You that You hear our cries and bring hope. I will trust in You, wait on You, and worship You today and every day.  Lord help me to be faithful always.  In Christ... I live and pray. amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment