Friday, March 12, 2021

 Isaiah 41  The Lord calls us to listen carefully.. to open our eyes.. to come to Him and wait on Him, and to remember Who He is.  "Who has performed and accomplished it. Calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, am the first, and with the last. I am He." 

From the beginning of creation, God has "performed and accomplished" ... everything.  He brought about the nations.  He directs their rise and their fall.  He is first.  He will be the same with "those who are last." 

God chose Israel to be His servant. " I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear for I am with you;  do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." ( v9-10) 

Just as He chose Israel.. He chose us. Ephesians 1: 4 ".. just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him..." 

In Christ we have received "every spiritual blessing". We do not need to fear.. for He is with us.  He is our strength.  He is our help. He holds us with His powerful Hand. 

The message is repeated in verse 13 "for I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'"

I needed to hear this.  I need to remember this.  Sometimes, just watching the news.. or hearing about difficulties that loved ones are facing.. fear and worry try to rob me of the perfect peace that God has promised. But, He is calling me.. calling us to Trust Him.  The Holy One who has been "calling forth the generations from the beginning"  and who will be with "those who are last"... Is our God.. and He will help us. 

What good news!

Father, we praise Your name.  You are my God. I will exalt You and give You thanks.  Thank You for choosing me, for making me Your own.  Thank You for the grace freely bestowed on me in Christ, the Beloved. Thank You for redemption through His blood, for the forgiveness of my sins. Thank You for giving wisdom and insight to make known to me the mystery of Your will, which You purposed in Jesus, according to Your kindness. Thank You for the inheritance that is mine in Jesus.  Oh for the day when faith will be sight! Fill us to the full with Your Presence, Lord. Let the world see Your Light shining through Your chosen ones.  In Jesus' name we pray.. amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment