Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Exodus 8-12  These chapters chronicle the plagues sent by God upon Egypt.

Pharaoh had a hard heart and it would become harder and harder as he refused to listen to God's Word.  In Ex. 5:2 Pharaoh said, " Who is the Lord that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and besides I will not let Israel go."  In Ex. 7:17 the Lord said, "By this you shall know that I am the Lord.. "   Everything that happens from then on reveals Who the Lord really is!

In Ex. 8:22b the Lord excludes the plague of insects from Goshen "in order that you may know that I, the Lord, am in the midst of the land." 
In 9:14 He says, " For this time I will send all My plagues on you and your servants and your people, so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth." He also adds, " For if by now I had put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, you  would then have been cut off from the earth. But indeed for this cause I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power, and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth." 
In Ex. 10: 1-2 the Lord says to Moses, " Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may perform these signs of Mine among them, and that you may tell in the hearing of your son, and of your grandson, how I made a mockery of the Egyptians and how I performed My signs among them; that you may know that I am the Lord."
In Ex. 11:7 Moses tells Pharaoh that all the first born of Egypt will die but the Israelites will not be touched, "that you may understand how the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel." 
Verse 9 "Pharaoh will not listen to you, so that My wonders will be multiplied in the land of Egypt."

The Lord made Himself known to the Egyptians and to the Israelites with these signs and wonders -
He is the Lord - Yahweh, Jehovah; The self-existant One; the great IAM; The God who reveals Himself;  He is God - Elohim; Creator, powerful, Master; Sovereign;
He is omnipresent - "in the midst of the land"
There is no one like Him.
He in omnipotent  - His power was revealed so that His name would be proclaimed.
He is the Judge of all the earth and He will distinguish between those who are His and those who harden their hearts against Him.

Everything that happened there in Egypt, happened because God planned it and brought it to be.
Jacob went down to Egypt with his family.
Four hundred and thirty years passed.
Israel became slaves and cried out to the Lord.
Moses was called to be God's servant and bring Israel out of slavery.
Pharaoh continually hardened his heart.
God delivered His people - His way.

Father in heaven, You are the Lord and there is no one like You. You are in the midst of our land and You see the needs of Your people here and in Israel.  Once again, we see so many hardened hearts.  So many have been deceived and refuse to humble themselves before You. Reveal Yourself to us Lord, and may many more take heed, repent, and obey Your Word. May the blood of the Lamb, our precious Savior, shed for redemption and forgiveness of sins.. be made known, so that the lost will be saved.  Pour out Your Spirit upon the church and revive us again. Bring life so that we will do the work of evangelism as you have called us to do.  We ask this in Jesus' name . Amen.


1 comment: