Monday, October 14, 2019

Exodus 16  Sometimes I feel like grumbling.. just like the Israelites did.  They wanted bread and meat.  Their stores from Egypt ran out.  They were in the wilderness.  It looked pretty bleak.  They still didn't understand God.

The instructions were clear.  Pick up enough manna for each person in your household.  Don't keep any leftovers, except on the day before the Sabbath.  Pick up twice as much that day and don't go out on the Sabbath to look for more, for there would not be any.  Every morning there was manna.  Every evening there was quail.  They didn't have to go hunting.  They didn't have to work in the fields.  God provided everything they needed.  And, He didn't like their grumblings!

Still some kept the leftovers.
Some went out on the Sabbath and looked for more manna.
Some still grumbled.

What do I have to grumble about?  Nothing!
God has provided my every need and has blessed me abundantly.
Yet, why do I feel, at times, so discontent?
I am no different than those grumbling Israelites...

Maybe it is because I don't understand God either.
I want to.. I try to... but I fall far short...

Lord, help me to learn the way that Paul talked about..." for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." 
Utter dependance on Jesus. Help me learn to press on.. to forget the past and look to what lies ahead. ... " to the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."   ( Philippians 3:14; 4:11-13)

Forgive my grumbling and discontent attitude, Lord.  I know that You are teaching me something new about Yourself, and I am so thankful that You are patient and kind.  Thank You for loving me just as I am, but continually growing me and changing me to be more like Jesus. I am looking to You, my God and my King.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment