Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Colossians 4 Paul concludes his letter with a reminder to his readers.. to pray.

v2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving."
 In verse 3 .. Paul asks for prayer for himself and his preaching.
v12 Paul tells how Epaphras is "always laboring earnestly" for them in prayer.. "that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God". 

Then in verse 17 Paul instructs the readers to encourage Archippus to "Take heed to the ministry which you have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it. " 

It is in the devotion to prayer, in the earnest labor of prayer, and in the attention to the God-given ministry of prayer.. that we may know the will of God and "fulfill it".

If we do not pray.. we will not speak forth the Word as we should.
If we do not pray.. we will not conduct ourselves with wisdom.. or season our speech with grace.
If we do not pray.. we will not be renewed in our spirits, filled with His power, or live out His life of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

We all need an Epaphras.. one who is a "bondslave of Christ" who will labor earnestly in prayer for us.

Father, help me to be like Epaphras,  devoted to prayer, full of grace, earnest, alert, thankful, and diligent to fulfill the ministry that You have for me.  Thank You that Christ lives in me and because of His Presence I live as Your servant and Your child.  Have Your way in me today, I pray.  I pray for any that will read this blog today, that they may also stand "perfect and fully assured in all the will of God."  In the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I come... amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment