Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Psalm 96  Again we are called to sing to the Lord.

What are we to sing? A new song!
Who is to sing?  All the earth.
How are we to sing? So that He is blessed!
Our songs are meant to proclaim "His salvation from day to day."  and to "Tell of His glory among the nations."

We are to sing of "His wonderful deeds." 
We are to sing of His greatness.
We are to sing of His worthiness.
We are to sing of His Sovereignty.
We are to sing of His Power in creation.
We are to sing of His splendor and majesty.

We make known His glory and strength.
We make known the "glory of His name." 
We make known to every nation that  " the Lord reigns." 
We make known the fact that He is coming and that He will judge the earth.
We make known the fact that His judgement will be according to His righteousness.
We make know the fact that He will show Himself faithful to His own people.

All the earth and all the heavens will be glad in that day. The seas, the fields, and the trees... all creation will rejoice at the coming of the Lord!

Father in heaven,  I look forward to that day when true joy will be expressed in the songs of all Your creation.  Every creature and every plant and every animal.. every star and every planet... will exult You.  O to see that day!  Until then, Lord keep my heart singing a new song, a song of Your great salvation every day. You are my God and I am Your child, Your servant, and I want to worship You with all my heart, soul, and being.  Fill me Holy Spirit, that I might be made complete as only You can do, in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment