Monday, November 28, 2016

Psalm 91 This psalm is recited by many people as they go through difficult times.  It reminds us of the greatness of our God and the security we have in Him.

If we "dwell" in His shelter.. if we live in the security of His Presence, we  "will abide in the shadow of the Almighty".   We choose to live either acknowledging God as the Most High.. the One Who is Present everywhere and always.. and find comfort in His nearness, or we don't. We must make that choice.

Lord, Almighty God, You are my refuge, my fortress, "My God, in whom I trust".   This is a statement of faith.  When we make this our foundation and stand firm we will know that:

He delivers us from snares and pestilence( v3)
He covers us with Himself.. ( v4)
He faithfully shields us from the enemy (v4)
He takes away all fear (v5 -6)
He will punish the wicked all around us , protecting us all the while. ( v7-8)
He sends His angels to guard us and help us ( 10-12)

God commits Himself to helping those who love Him.
He promises to deliver us.
He promises to answer us when we call upon Him.
He promises to be with us in the troubles.
He promises to rescue us and to honor us.
He promises life and satisfaction.
He promises that we will see His salvation. ( v14-16)

Father, great is Your faithfulness to us who choose to love You and to dwell in Your Presence.  You are my God and I will trust You.  Lord, I come before You as one who has set apart Christ as Lord in my heart.  He is my Master and I am His servant.  What will You have me to do today, Lord?  I hear the Shepherd's voice in this Word today... trust in Me, find refuge in Me, stay in My shadow.  Help me to do this mindfully, diligently, and completely today.  For I pray this in the Name of Christ the Lord, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment