Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Philippians 1

Verse 6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."    It is God, Himself, Who begins the "good work" in us, the work of salvation.  He calls us.  He reveals Himself to us.  He leads us to repentance and grants us forgiveness.  God knows us through and through.  Tozer writes this about God's omniscience:

"No talebearer can inform on us, no enemy can make an accusation stick; 
no forgotten skeleton can come tumbling out of some hidden closet to abash us and expose our past; no unsuspected weakness in our characters can come to light to turn God away from us, since He knew us utterly before we knew Him and called us to Himself in the full knowledge of everything that was against us." 

 Since He began a good work in us, knowing all that we were and all that we would be... then we can be assured and have the same confidence as Paul, that He will complete what He started.  I'm thankful that it is not  my own willpower or work that I must rely on.. but that God is the One Who completes the work in me.  Do we believe this?  Do we worry that we're not going to be good enough? I must confess that I do... I want to be a better Christian than I am.  I need to take this verse personally, meditate on it, and believe that this is true for me.

This is TRUTH - God, Eternal, Unchangeable, Omniscient, Self-Existent , and Omnipotent has chosen to reveal Himself to me, to save me from my sin, to give me new life, eternal life and it is He Who will bring me to perfection, completion on that day when Jesus comes again.

Oh Father in heaven, may our love "abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment".. may we find the "more excellent" things that lead us to sincere and blameless living in Christ.  Fill us with the "fruit of righteousness" through Jesus Christ, to "the glory and praise of God".
Complete in me all that You desire. Once again I offer myself to You, a living and holy sacrifice, in Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment