Thursday, August 6, 2020

2 Corinthians 7:1

 "... since we have these promises.. "   The promises that God made: 
           
 
           "I will house myself in them and I will walk among you. 
  I will be their God, and they will be my people. 
           Therefore,Adoani says,' Go out from their midst ;
            separate yourselves;
 don't even touch what is unclean. 
           Then I myself will receive you. 
            In fact, I will be your Father, 
            and you will be my sons and daughters.'"    (6:16-18)

He has made these promises to you and to me.  He has come to live in each of us who have trusted in Jesus Christ.   He has chosen to walk here among us. He has chosen us to be His people, to be His children.  He has called us to Himself...how can we do any less than what Paul wrote here:

 "let us purify ourselves from everything that can defile either body or spirit, and strive to be completely holy, out of reverence for God." 

What is it that we need to get rid of.. out of our lives..  today?  What is defiling our bodies?  What is defiling our spirits? How are we pursuing holiness - coming apart from the world, separating ourselves from what is unclean?
How are our actions pleasing to  our Father in heaven?
How are we showing reverence for Him who has called us His own?

Father in heaven, may Your Holy Spirit fill our hearts and minds today, that we might walk in purity and reverence.   Reveal to us the things in our lives that we need to change, so that we might truly come apart from the world and walk in holiness, honoring You in everything.  We are the temple of the living God.. may we not forget this for one second on this earth.  May we live for You, as Your chosen people, Your sons and daughters.  In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment