Tuesday, August 4, 2020

2 Corinthians 5

Verse 1, "We know that when the tent ( our earthly body) which houses us here on earth is torn down, we have a permanent building from God, a building not made by human hands, to house us in heaven." 

We can be encouraged and receive great assurance through the truths that Paul shares here.. make it personal:

1. This human, mortal body that I have is temporary.
2. God has planned and prepared for me an eternal, immortal, building... body.
3.I groan now. ( too true- the older I get)
4. I long for the perfect body that is mine forever.
5. This body is "naked"... without covering; without protection; oppressed; burdened;
6. When I receive my new body I will truly be alive. I will be covered..I will share in the righteousness of Christ.
7. God is preparing me for the future I cannot see.
8. When I leave this body.. I will be going home.

Verse 9 "Therefore, whether at home or away from home, we try our utmost to please Him." 

 More Truths:
Everyone ( I)  will appear before "the Messiah's court of judgement". 
I will give account for what I do while in this body.
He knows each of us "as we really are". (He knows me as I really am.)
 He views our "inner qualities".  (He views my inner qualities.)
We are new creations in Christ.  (I am a new creation in Christ Jesus!)

As His ambassadors we are called to share the Good News with others:
".. we are convinced that one man died on behalf of all mankind." (v14)
".. He died on behalf of all in order that those who live should not live any longer for themselves but for the one who on their behalf died and was raised. " (v15)

God reconciled us to Himself so that we in turn can share this message. We are His servants to lead others to reconciliation with God. "God is making His appeal through us." (v20)

Father in Heaven , thank You for making "this sinless man" Jesus Christ to "be a sin offering on our behalf, so that in union with him we may fully share in [Your] righteousness.."  Thank you for not counting our sins against us.. Thank You for the ministry of reconciliation.  Help us to be bold and faithful in proclaiming Your truth to a world in desperate need of salvation. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment