Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Matthew 14

Jesus would not have been surprised at the news of John the Baptist's death, yet He withdrew from the crowds in grief.
He would not have been unaware of the multitudes who would follow Him, nor would He be worried about their need for food, yet they took along only 5 loaves and 2 fish.
Jesus was not concerned about how He would meet up with His disciples in the middle of the Sea of Galilee, in the middle of a storm.  The water, the wind, and the storm were not obstacles to Him, but vehicles under His control, for His use.

All of creation... made by Him, for Him, and under His command.  In this passage the power and greatness of God is revealed.  But, beyond that, His compassion and kindness are made known too.

Jesus has great compassion on those who are sick.
He has compassion on those who are weak and in need.
When Peter began to sink, Jesus reached out and took hold of him,  He rescues even those who doubt.
 
 In Tozer's book, The Knowledge of the Holy, about the immutability of God.... I read this , " Today, this moment, He feels toward His creatures, toward babies, toward the sick, the fallen, the sinful, exactly as He did when He sent His only-begotten Son into the world to die for mankind."

Just the same as Jesus revealed to us when He healed the sick, fed the hungry, and rescued the drowning man. He feels the same toward us.  I just need to meditate on that thought for a while. What wonderful truth!

Father in heaven, all that is within me blesses Your holy Name.  You are great and greatly to be praised.  Your greatness is unsearchable.. infinite and unchanging.  Thank You for revealing Yourself to us through Your Word and through Your Son.  To once again, be reminded that all of creation is at Your beck and call.. and that You love us with such mercy and compassion... brings me to my knees in worship and thanksgiving.   I love You Lord and I lift my heart to You.  You are God and there is none like You!  Keep changing me... from glory unto glory, growing me in the knowledge of Christ my Lord. In His name I ask this, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment