Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Proverbs 11  - contrasting righteousness and wickedness; wisdom vs folly:

The Lord delights in just balances and hates false ones.  (v 1) He cares about how we do business.
The Lord honors the humble and dishonors the proud. (v2)  He cares about our attitudes.
Integrity is a guide, falseness will destroy. v3  He cares about our character.
Money won't save you; righteousness will. v4 He cares about what we trust in.
Righteousness makes life smoother, wickedness brings failure. v5  He cares about our daily lives.
Righteousness delivers, greed traps the treacherous. v6  He cares about our troubles.
The wicked have no hope for eternity. v7  He cares about our future.

The righteous may have trouble, but they will be delivered. The wicked will not. v8
The godless man will destroy his neighbor with his words, the righteous will be delivered through knowledge. v9
When the righteous do well, it benefits the city and brings rejoicing. v9-10
When the wicked die, the city rejoices.
The Lord cares about our neighbors and our towns and cities.

A righteous man will not tell rumors or lies, gossip, or tales.
He will seek guidance from an "abundance of counselors"
He will be careful in his dealings with strangers.
He will be merciful.
He will sow righteousness.
He will desire good.
He will be generous.
And he will be rewarded.

A righteous woman will be gracious.  She will have discretion . She will desire good.

Here is how we flourish and bear much fruit... how we gain life.  We trust in God's Word and live according to His plan.  We become His righteous sons and daughters through Jesus Christ and walk in faith by His Holy Spirit every day.  We seek wisdom and depend on His power in us to stay blameless.  We give ourselves to Him and then live like He does. We live this truth: " I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and delivered Himself up  for me." Galatians 2:20

And so I pray:
Gracious Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank You for loving me and giving me salvation through Jesus Christ the Lord.  Fill me again and again with Your Spirit, that I might truly live the life of Christ in faith and holiness.  You are my God and my Salvation .  I give my all to You.  Lead me in Your ways and may You will be done. All glory and honor and blessing is Yours forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment