Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Exodus 4  Moses has this wonderful meeting with God and learns how holy and infinite He is and then.... makes excuses why he can't do what God tells him to do!  This makes the Lord angry with Moses ( verse 14), but He does not let Moses out of his assignment.  Instead, God calls out Aaron, Moses' brother, to help.

Moses knows what to say, for God has given him the words.
Moses knows what to do, for God has equipped him with power to perform wonders.
Yet, there still seems to be a problem, for in verse 24 we are told the Lord "sought to put him to death."   Only when his wife Zipporah circumcises their son, does the Lord approve.

 Moses and Aaron meet after 40 years apart.  They go to the elders, speak the words, do the signs and the people believe and worship God.

Chapters 5-12 are the story of the exodus.  How Moses and Aaron met with Pharaoh  and how time after time Pharaoh hardened his heart, until finally the Hebrews were allowed to leave Egypt.
God had told Moses that Pharaoh would only allow the people to go "under compulsion" and that is what happened.  He makes it clear in chapter 6 that His purpose is to make His Name Known. 
v2- 3 " God spoke further to Moses and said to him, ' I am the Lord; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name, Lord, I did not make Myself known to them."
The Lord is now ready to fulfill His covenant with the descendants of Abraham and He is making His Name known.
v6 - "I am the Lord.. I will bring you out... I will deliver you from bondage... I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgements."
v7 " ..I will take you form My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians."
v8 "and I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the Lord."

In 7:5 He says, " And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and  bring out the sons of Israel from their midst."
And in 9:16 He says, " But, indeed, for this cause I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power, and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth."

LORD, Jehovah is our God.  The highest authority, the supreme magistrate, the King and Ruler of our lives .  You are LORD, eternal, holy, and powerful.  You make Yourself known to us and we bow and worship You.  Hallowed be Your Name.  Let Your Name be made known in all the earth! May we boldly and joyfully proclaim the wonders and power of the LORD today.   "One generation shall praise Thy works to another, and shall declare Thy mighty acts." ( Psalm 145:4)  You are glorious in majesty.  You are wonderful in all Your works.  You are great and mighty.  You are gracious and merciful.  You are good to all and Your mercies are over us.  You are righteous in all Your ways and kind in all Your deeds.  May we remember what You have done for us and praise You for ever and ever. You have redeemed us from death, from sin, and from darkness.  You have delivered us from the evil one.  You have sacrificed the Lamb and passed over us.  Thank You, Father.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment