Wednesday, February 23, 2022

 Psalm 50  "The Mighty One, God the Lord has spoken, and summoned the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.. " 

Picture the heavenly throne.. Isaiah's vision gives us a glimpse.. " I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted and the train of His robe filling the temple.  Seraphim stood above Him..."  Calling out, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts. The whole earth is filled with His glory."  Ezekiel saw it too. "In the midst of the living beings there was something that looked like burning coals, like torches darting back and forth among the living beings. The fire was bright, and lightning was flashing from the fire." (v13) "And there came a voice from above the expanse... Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man... and there was a radiance around Him." 

The Mighty God "has spoken"... God "has shone forth".  He summons all of heaven earth "to judge His people." 

It is this Holy God who judges all... and we bow before Him.

To the righteous.. those who have "made a covenant with [Him] by sacrifice." He reminds them that He has no need of anything from them.. " If I were hungry I would not tell you; for the world is Mine, and all it contains."  What He requires of them is this: "Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High; And call on Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you and you will honor Me." (12-15) 

To the wicked He pronounces their sins that He will judge:

They speak of His statutes and His covenant, but "hate discipline" and ignore His words.(v16-17)
They approve of thieves and adulterers. (v18)
They speak evil and lies. (v19)
They slander their own brothers. (v20)
And for these things He will "reprove them"

Yet, there is still hope... 

" Now consider this, you who forget God. Lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; and to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."

Father  God,  Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!  I bring a sacrifice of thanksgiving before You, to honor You.  You hear my cry for help in times of trouble. Thank You!  You forgive my sins when I confess them and lay them before You. Thank You.   You have rescued me from evil and darkness. Thank You!  You have set me free from the curse of sin. Thank You!  You are God alone.. the owner of "every beast in the forest.. the cattle on a thousand hills."  You are my Lord and Master.. You own me.  Keep me in the palm of Your Hand. Lead me in the paths of righteousness for  Your name's sake. Live in me and fill me, Holy Spirit.  Make me to be more and more and more.. like Jesus.  He is the only sacrifice that fulfills all of Your commands.. O thank You Lord!   It is in His name that I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment