Friday, February 11, 2022

 Psalm 43 is the second verse of psalm 42, ending with the same refrain.. "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, the help of my countenance, and my God." 

This verse is a plea for vindication and deliverance.  The psalmist is feeling rejected by God.. and his request is for His presence.. "O send out Thy light and Thy truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to the holy hill, and to Thy dwelling places."  

The Light and Truth of God lead us to the "dwelling place" of His sanctuary.. the place of strength and of joy.  The place of praise and worship.  The place where hope is remembered and help is provided. 

Jesus said, "I am the light of the world, he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness but shall have the light of life." ( John 8:12)  He also said, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." (8:31)  Psalm 119:105 tells us "Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path." 

In the light of God's Word we find Truth.. we find abiding fellowship with our Savior. We find hope and help in His Presence.  May we hunger and thirst for this... with the desperation of a deer who  "pants for water.. " 

Father in heaven, You are our hope, our strength,  and our "exceeding joy".  Thank You for loving us and for making it Your will to save and bless us by the precious gift of Jesus Christ.  Thank You for making it Your plan and purpose to do good to us.. to bring us into Your presence and fill us with Your glory and grace.  You are our amazing God! Be glorified and exalted in all the earth we pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment