Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Revelation 19-22  My mind gets boggled with all the details of the book of Revelation, and more so when I get to these last few chapters.... Such glory and beauty and wonder as John describes the bride of Christ.. the great city coming down from heaven!  A new heaven and a new earth.  The presence of God Almighty and the Lamb...  No more night.  No more tears.  No more pain.  No more sin.

Hallelujah!!!

The defeat of Satan and all evil beings will be accomplished at that time. Death and hell will be thrown into the lake of fire also.  The final warning comes from Jesus:

 " It is done.  I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.  I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.  He who overcomes shall inherit theses things and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death." 

Jesus is coming again.. and when He comes we must be ready, for it will happen quickly.  There will be no opportunity to repent or change our minds at that time.  We need to be alert and prepared, overcoming... living for Him and abiding in Him.

Father in heaven, we have washed our robes... in the blood of the Lamb.  He is our Savior and Lord.  Our hope and trust is in the sacrifice offered on that cross.. where Jesus died so that we might be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness.  May I be found faithfully following Jesus Christ, ready for that glorious day.  Draw me nearer and nearer to Your Presence I pray. Amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment