Friday, January 21, 2022

 Psalm 28  David experienced the ups and downs of life, just like we do.  One minute he is standing on the solid rock with faith to fight a giant.. and the next he is crying out, desperate for the Lord to just hear his call.  He seeks to be in the hidden place of God's sanctuary.. and then he wants to conquer his enemies and see them pay for their evil deeds.  This psalm is another prayer for help.. 

"To Thee, O Lord, I call; My rock, do not be deaf to me."  There is no other name that David will call upon. There is no other One in whom he will can find help.  His hope is in the Lord.. "I would have despaired unless I believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."(27:13) David testifies.. "My Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped;"(28:7)

It is not the answer to the prayer that brings David out of his despair... it is the assurance that God hears him, loves him, and will meet his every need. 

There... this is what our Shepherd says to me today.. His love is without limit.. His power is without end.. His goodness is sufficient.. available.. certain.  What I cannot see... His hand at work in the world.. in my family.. in me.. I can believe and trust.  For when He is my strength and shield, my light and my rock.. when I trust in Him.. I am helped. 

Open our eyes Lord.. that we might see You, high and lifted up. Fill us with the knowledge of Your Presence with us.. that we might be filled and overflowing with Your love and goodness. We ask this in Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment