Thursday, January 26, 2017

Psalm 139  This psalm of David is so precious.  It takes us nearer to God, describing the  intimate relationship  He has with His creation.. with each of us.  We so need to see this and recognize it for our own lives.  We need to acknowledge these truths personally.

" O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me."  ( v1)
God knows when I sit down.
God knows when I stand up.
God understands what I am thinking.
God keeps His eye on my daily walk.
He sees me when I lay down.
He is " intimately acquainted with all my ways." 
He knows what I'm going to say, before I say it.
He goes before me.
He comes behind me.
He puts His hand on me, covering me, shielding me, comforting me.

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it." (v6)

There is nowhere that I can go, that He is not with me.
There is nowhere I can fall, that He can't reach me.
There is nowhere too dark, that He can't see me.
He will never leave me.
He will never be too far away.
He will never let go of my hand.

God, Himself, formed me in my mother's womb.
He made me to be just the way I am.
He is the Designer, the Builder, and the Inspector.
He saw me when no one else could. Not even my own mother.
He wrote down His plan for me, for my days on this earth.
He already knows when the last one will come.

God thinks about me... and about you.
He never forgets us and never leaves us.

In light of this, like David, we need to ask Him to do two things:
Stop the wicked.
Search my heart, know me, try me, remove any wickedness in me, and lead me in the way of righteousness.

My Father, Holy God and Wonderful Savior, help me to more fully comprehend these amazing and wonderful truths.  You are here right now and You know me perfectly.  You have chosen to love me, to redeem me, to transform me, to adopt me, and to hold me in Your own Hands.  This is too high for me to grasp with my finite mind... Yet it is True!  That this is true for every person ever born or who will ever be born.. wow!  You are so great and we cannot even begin to know just how great You are!
I worship You, O Lord.  I want to praise You more and more.  I want to bring honor and glory to Your Name.  May I not be ashamed.  May I not fail You. Remove all wickedness and fill me with Your righteousness, I pray.  In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment