Tuesday, January 12, 2016

II Chronicles 6-7  As I meditate still upon this prayer of Solomon's I find myself stirred towards a new outlook and perspective in my prayer life.  I have a burning in my heart to pray.. more.. and more effectively.. and more acceptably.

God approved of Solomon's prayer, for as soon as he finished, "fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house." The people of Israel reacted appropriately to the Lord's presence, bowing down "with their faces to the ground" and worshipping and praising God .  Again their words are, " Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting." 

When all the sacrifices were offered and all the celebrating was done, Solomon sent the people back to their homes.  But then, the Lord came to Solomon once again. ( v12)  " I have heard your prayer.."
He says.  He will do as Solomon has asked, "Now My eyes shall be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.... My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually."  ( v15-16)

But.. there is a condition -
".. if you walk before Me as your father David walked... then I will establish Your royal throne."
"But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments... then I will uproot you from My land which I have given you, and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight, .." 

Father in Heaven, Holy is Your Name.  You are truly good and Your lovingkindness is everlasting.  May Your reign and rule over all of heaven and earth be made known once again.  May Your perfect will, all of Your commands and statutes be done.  May we love You with all of our hearts and souls and minds and strength.  We entreat You to provide our every need, for You know whatever it is that we really need.  We beg You to forgive our every sin and we choose to forgive those who have sinned against us.  We ask for Your mercy and grace, that we might walk in Your ways, in righteousness and peace, loving one another and encouraging one another .  We seek deliverance from the evil one, our enemy.  Thank You for being our Savior and King, our Redeemer and Healer.  Thank You for  Jesus Christ, who intercedes for us even now.  It is in His Name that we offer our prayers.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment