Monday, March 4, 2013

God is my Rock, my Lovingkindness, my Fortress, my Stronghold, my Deliverer, my Shield, my Refuge, David declares in Psalm 144.  I will bless Thy Name forever and ever.  Speak well of our God and King.  Declare His greatness which is unsearchable.  To know God as MY God, who does these awesome and acts and abundant goodness to ME.  That is what brings me to my knees in worship.   Lord God, Almighty and Gracious One, I will bless Your Name. Open my eyes to see and my understanding to know You in this personal, wonderful, amazing way. "Bow Thy heavens, O Lord and come down" Draw me closer.  You are here! I worship You.

Daniel 1.  Daniel and his friends were taken captive.  They were moved to Babylon.  They were handpicked to become servants of Nebuchadnezzar.  Yet even in these circumstances, Daniel "made up his mind" to not defile himself.  To stay pure and removed from the temptations of Babylon.  God blessed him  because of it.  These 4 were given knowledge, intelligence, wisdom and understanding.  Daniel was also given a gift of understanding visions and dreams.  They were 10 times as wise and understanding as the kings top counselors. That is pretty amazing.

God prepares and gifts each of us as He chooses. It is personal. It is precise. It is for His glory.
Daniel looked to God and God used Daniel. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego also trusted God and served Him in all they did. It is my joy, my hope, my responsibility to also trust God and be faithful in the things He puts before me. To serve Him faithfully not matter what.  Fill me with Your Spirit O God, that I might serve You always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment