Wednesday, June 9, 2021

 II Chronicles 7:13 -22   "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people..

Drought.. destruction.. or disease.. sent from God's hand for the purpose of discipline.  The definition of pestilence is "any virulent or fatal contagious or infectious disease; especially one of epidemic proportions.." ( New World Dictionary)  Sounds familiar...

But, He is not finished speaking.. "and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 

Solomon had asked the Lord to hear the prayers offered in the temple.. and the Lord agrees.. "Now My eyes shall be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place." But, He has something more to say to Solomon:

"And as for you, if you walk before Me as your father David walked even to do according to all that I have commanded.. then I will establish your royal throne... but if you turn away.. then I will uproot you from My land.. and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight.. " 

Solomon failed to walk in God's ways. Israel failed to stay faithful. And the temple was destroyed. Israel was sent into exile.  God did exactly what He said He would do.  So, here we are.. the world in chaos due to "pestilence" of epic proportions.  Are we taking God at His word? Oh how we must!

Father in heaven, we are in great need of You. We, who are believers in Jesus Christ, are seeking Your face. But, the world is so full of wickedness and pride. They cling to their sins and boast in their defiance of Your Word. Our hearts break. Bring repentance and revival to our land, dear Father. You are our hope and salvation and there is no other. Thank You for being patient and merciful. Thank You that Your lovingkindness is unfailing. Deliver us from the darkness of the enemy. Shine the Light of Your glory in us so that Jesus is exalted in ALL the earth. We humble ourselves before You, we seek Your face, we turn from sin and ask for forgiveness.  Hear our prayers, Father, and heal our land.  In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment