Thursday, November 28, 2019

Luke 8:26-39  Every time I read this passage I am reminded that Jesus crossed a stormy sea for ONE purpose - to meet a man filled with a Legion of demons.  They land, He heals, and then they leave....

In my thinking this is a divine appointment.. an intentional meeting.. all for the salvation and deliverance of a man so crazy that he lived in a tomb.. had no clothes.. could not be shackled.

Yet, the people of the land were so afraid that they begged Jesus to leave.  And He did. But, the delivered man, a transformed man, was given a mission.. to go and tell what God had done.  "And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him." 

We must remember that NOTHING is impossible for our God.  In our thinking, a crazy, demon-filled man would be the last person to think could be transformed like this..  but Jesus... shows us that He loves and saves even the most hopeless.

Thank God!  As I pray continually for unsaved loved ones.. I wonder how they will ever turn their hearts back to Him.. but, I KNOW that HE can do this.. and only He can do it.


Father in heaven, You have given the Son all authority. You sent Him to bring salvation to the world because of Your great love. Thank You!  Father, lead my unsaved loved ones to Jesus.  Speak to them. Change their hearts.  Bring them to repentance and salvation through Christ Jesus.  Give them each a divine appointment with You, today.  I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment